Guest Blog: Introducing the New Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation Website
Allen Hopper from This is Visceral describes how the company partnered with the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation to launch our new website.
Our team is proud to partner with the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation (MCSF) for the launch of their new website.
MCSF is the nation’s oldest provider of scholarships to military children, having provided over $90 million in scholarships in the last 52 years to the sons and daughters of Marines, with particular attention to those whose parent has been killed or wounded in combat or has demonstrated financial need. The new website showcases the Foundation’s broad impact, connecting applicants to scholarship opportunities and connecting their donor network to fundraising events and other giving opportunities.
Some of the highlights include:
- A feature-rich responsive design that is accessible across desktop and mobile devices. The new site takes a fresh approach to the organization’s long standing look and feel.
- A customized content management solution built on the WordPress platform makes for easy updating and publishing of all site content. The powerful WordPress plugin, Visual Composer, makes these tasks as simple and intuitive as possible.
- A cohesive relationship between WordPress and BlackBaud, the organization’s CRM and giving platform, allows donors and applicants to seamlessly navigate across the platforms.
- An events calendar that connects donors to a wealth of fundraising events.
- A blog, allowing the foundation to publish important updates and contextually relate them to key sections of the site.
- Simplified and intuitive instructions for new and existing applicants.
- A scholarship directory and interactive map, allowing users to explore MCSF’s thousands of scholars.
- Facts and figures that bring MCSF’s mission to life and celebrate their immense reach and impact.
- The ability to track the progress of their main fundraising campaign, The American Patriots Campaign and drive donor engagement.
- Engagement points woven throughout the website, allowing for contextual calls-to-action promoting donations and event attendance.