Your Impact in 2017
2017 was a record-breaking year for the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation. We awarded 7.3 million in scholarship support to over 2,300 children of Marines and Navy Corpsman – that’s more scholarship recipients than at any time in our 55 year history! We’re honored to be making a difference in the lives of Marine families – and it’s your support that makes it all possible.
More than tuition assistance, our scholarship program is about honoring the service of America’s Marines by making a real and lasting difference in the lives of their children. Each year, we look beyond the dollars and cents by surveying our students to track the impact of our scholarship program. Here are just a few of the ways you made a difference for thousands of scholarship recipients in 2017:
- 100% of students surveyed indicated this scholarship helped make their educational goals possible.
- 90% of them will graduate (compared to 53% nationally).
- 50% will be the first in their family to attend college (compared to 20% nationally).
- 60% are pursuing careers on the front lines of America’s future; including science technology engineering, math, health and business.
And it doesn’t stop there: Our graduating scholars report improved financial stability and the freedom to make career decisions unencumbered by the burdens of student loan debt:
- 45% graduate with little to no debt.
- 32% will graduate completely debt free! That’s remarkable when you consider that nationally 70% of students graduate with more than $38,000 in debt. Only 10% of our students fall in that range.
As we close out another successful year and reflect on our impact in 2017, we’re also looking to the future. Applications for our 2018-19 scholarship program open on Jan 1 and we’re expecting another record year of demand!
We couldn’t do this without you – thank you.